|08. – 09.04.||Postponed IRTG module: Biomarkers in Obesity|
|27. – 28.04.||Postponed CRC retreat I in Leipzig, Centre for Biotechnology and Biomedicine (BBZ)|
|29.04.||Postponed Prospective: Starting a Career at the Institute of Food Hygiene|
|04. - 06.05.||Postponed Summer school- Monastery Drübeck|
|14.05.||IRTG online class: Future Career Options in Academia and Beyond|
|07. - 08.07.||
IRTG skilling course: Interview training
IRTG online class: The digital scientist
|22.07.||Postponed Mentoring cafe|
|10.09./09.10.||Online IRTG skilling course: Speed reading|
|29.09.||Online IRTG module: Statistics and Bioinformatics|
|16.,17.,19.11.||Online Autumn School|
|Nov||Postponed IRTG module: Therapeutics Targeting Obesity|
|30.11.- 04.12||Postponed CRISPR Genome Editing Workshop|
The number of biomarkers related to obesity and to associated diseases is still growing. This module will provide information on current laboratory chemistry, analytic methods, metabolic profiling and diagnostic strategies.
- Prof. Uta Ceglarek (CRC1052/A9), topic: quantitative mass spectrometry
- PD Dr. Jürgen Schiller (CRC1052, Z3), topic: (MALDI) Mass spectrometric and NMR spectroscopic Analysis
- Prof. Martin von Bergen (CRC1052/Z3), topic: Mass spectrometry in proteomics
|Date||April 8-9, 2020|
|Venue||- Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics (ILM)
- Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Leipzig
- Institute for Medical Physics and Biophysics
The preliminary program is under development.
E-mail to: Lysann.penkalla@Medizin.uni-leipzig.de
A strong path in life science leads to a focus on academic careers. The day at the Institute of Food Hygiene is designed for the doctoral students in career related matters and in order to produce a tailored career development program focusing on obesity-related research areas.
Date: April 29, 2020
Venue: Institute of Food Hygiene, An den Tierkliniken 1, 04301 Leipzig
Content: Research introduction to nutritional development of cardioprotective food especially presentation of the Competence Cluster NutriCARD including laboratory tour and practical part.
E-mail to: Lysann.penkalla@Medizin.uni-leipzig.de
Talk and Discussion: “Future Career Options in Academia and Beyond” given by Dr. Matthias Zach (email@example.com)
Date: 14.05.2020, time: 9:30-11:30 a.m.
Scientists have a lot of career options -- but they are often not aware of them. Given the risks and uncertainties involved in pursuing a scientific career, it is a good idea to plan the next steps carefully and to explore possible alternatives. This talk will set out the ways in which, based on your skills and interests, you can find suitable job profiles on academic and non-academic labour markets. It encourages you actively to develop your own ideas about your future career path. The online class consists of a lecture and subsequent discussion.
The registration is closed.
How to write a persuasive job application - how to convince it in the job interview
First planned in presence we changed the conditions and and provide the seminar in a digital version.
Scientists make a lot of mistakes as soon as they start to apply outside science. This workshop will help you to write a convincing application and to be successful in the job interview.
Topics we deal with:
- Written application I: standards in Germany for applications outside of academia. How to write them? What are typical mistakes and how to avoid them? How to develop a storyline? How to show you competencies?
- Written application II: how do I apply unsolicited?
- Written application III: new trends in application procedures.
- Written application IV: what is different in other countries – some hints.
- How to prepare the job interview? Training of interview situations.
- Other ways of recruitment: assessment centre etc.
- How to negotiate salary?
Please bring with you a job ad that fits you.
Workshop takes place via Zoom. Use of webcam is necessary. An integrated webcam in your laptop or phone is enough.
You receive the link to Zoom before the workshop.
Date: 7. and 8. July 2020
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Format: Online-Workshop via Zoom
Lecturer: Dr. Matthias Schwarzkopf counsels students and scientists in all relevant questions concerning their careers. He has founded www.karrierberatung-akademiker.de together with colleagues out of public administration and private businesses.
Registration is open:
Please register by sending an e-mail to Lysann.firstname.lastname@example.org until 29 June 2020 at the latest.
15.07.2020, 10:00 a.m.
Rebecca Winkels (Head of Strategic Communication for Wissenschaft im Dialog) https://www.wissenschaftskommunikation.de/author/rebeccawinkels/
The online seminar offers a well-structured and comprehensive introduction to online media for scientists. Furthermore, the course advertises how to use social media to connect with other academics and how your digital impact affects your discoverability and career development.
o What does it really mean to be a digital academic?
o How can you build your online academic profile via social media?
In this course you will:
- Create your digital profile and learn how to influence it
- Discover social networks and learn their benefit for you as scientists
Introduction to the mentoring program of Leipzig University
How to read fast and efficiently – Improved Reading crash course
- Increased reading speed
- Better text comprehension
- Variation of different reading techniques and strategies
- Higher level of concentration and motivation
- Special approaches towards scientific texts
1. Pre-course Webinar session - Sept. 10th 2020, 10.30-12.30h
2. Speed Reading Online Course
3. Videochat (ca. 1h) during Speed Reading Online
4. After-Course Webinar session - Oct 9th 2020, 10.30-12.30h
Please register by sending an e-mail to Lysann.email@example.com until 20 August 2020 at the latest.
CRISPR (clustered, regularly interspaced, short palindromic repeats) is a defense mechanism in bacteria that degrades invasive viral DNA and other exogenous DNA. We offer an one-week training course to get familiar with the powerful technology. We have designed a comprehensive CRISPR workshop comprised of both lectures and hands-on laboratory work.
Trainer: Dr. Angela Schulz
Date: 30.11.- 04.12. 2020
Venue: Rudolf Schoenheimer Institute of Biochemistry
Number of participants: max. 10
Further workshops on transferable skills are offered by the Research Academy Leipzig.