05./10.05.2021 IRTG skilling course "Me and my supervisor"
Description: The success and quality of graduate education largely depends on effective and efficient supervision. The role of the supervisor plays a crucial role to the overall satisfaction, retention and completion. The primary objective of the workshop is to indicate ways to improve the relationship and provide better support for student-advisor communication.
Format: Online-Workshop via Zoom
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Lecturer: Dr. Imke Lode
- Roles of supervisee and supervisor during the PhDHow
- Dealing successfully with academic structures of competition & cooperation and hierarchy
- Different personalities – different needs in communication and supervising relationships
- Basics of non-violent communication
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses of arguments
- Communicating successfully through proper argumentation
- Dealing with stress: key concepts of self-care, how to achieve a good work-life-balance
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
Registration is open! Send an email to Lysann.firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to your participation.
Before the workshop, you’ll get an invitation mail with correspending conference zoom link.
Best regards, Lysann Penkalla